Welcome to Chorlton
Chorlton, in Manchester UK, is a place that’s famous for its creativity, its independent culture and its community spirit. This is where people care: there are many voluntary groups working to make Chorlton a better place.
The ethos of Chorlton Community Cooperative is simple: by working together, we get more done. Proudly independent, Chorlton Community Cooperative is run by and for its members. And membership will soon be open to all. Like all cooperatives, we hold true to the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
We are Chorlton people, working with Chorlton people for positive change.
Have a look at our site to see what our friends and partners are already doing. Find out about what’s on, volunteering opportunities, news and other useful information about groups and projects. And if you have a group, project, news or an event you’d like to share, contact us.
Chorlton Voice is looking for ideas for placing blue plaques around Chorlton. As you may know, this was a scheme first set up in London …
We want to....
Connect the dots
- Working cooperatively with voluntary groups, coops and individuals;
- Bringing together friends and neighbours that care about Chorlton and want to improve it.
- Extending an open invitation to meetings and forums to discuss local issues.
- Sharing skills, ideas and opportunities.
- Publicising and raising awareness of local activity.
- Expressing solidarity and support for Chorlton.
- Offering advice, training and a wealth of collective experience.
- Delivering learning opportunities for new groups and volunteers to organise, make good decisions and get more done.
- Belonging to, and being run by, our members.
- Creating a democratic space, where everyone is equal and welcome: one member, one vote.
- Setting up an incorporated body that can raise and administer funds for community benefit.
- Offering bank account, a source of advice and help with funding.
- Helping to successfully deliver projects in partnership, including Get Togethers and community celebrations.
What's on in Chorlton
Join fellow knitters for a brew and a needle-based natter. Bring your own knitting, or help knit something for the community. Share knowledge, skills and inspiration and have fun!
Groups and projects
People working together for Chorlton
There are hundreds of people in Chorlton who are working to protect their environment, organise events, work co-operatively or support their community. Can you help?