Welcome to this update, which goes to everyone who signed up to receive news from Chorlton Community Cooperative, Let’s Reimagine Our Chorlton and Chorlton and District Coops
- Applications invited for the Co-op supermarket’s Local Community Fund
- Latest on Chorlton Community Cooperative – new logo and website coming soon
Apply now to receive Co-op funding in 2024
But hurry! Applications close 11 June
The Co-op gives 1% of what its members spend on Co-op own-brand products to local community projects – that’s a significant amount of money. Each area has three local projects that members can choose between to receive the 1% of what they spend during the year.
Applications are now open for the three local projects to be funded from November this year. It’s a simple process to apply, just a short form. Your project should do at least one of the following:
- bring people together to access food
- help to improve people’s mental wellbeing
- create opportunities for young people to be heard and make a difference
- help people to save and restore nature or tackle climate change
And you need to be an organisation that is registered or based in the UK
- has its own bank account
- operates in your local community
- is not for profit
Applications close 11 June.
Chorlton Community Cooperative – progress
The Chorlton Get Together last September was the first event to be organised by the Chorlton Community Cooperative – a new organisation designed to make it easier to organise, fund and collaborate on local initiatives. The Get Together was a great success. We closed a section of Wilbraham Road for an afternoon – watch our film of the day.
Since then, work has progressed on getting the Chorlton Community Cooperative on to a more permanent footing, including work on an exciting new website and logo – to be launched soon.
We are planning a follow up Chorlton Get Together in September 2023. We’ll keep you up to date.