Terms, Conditions and Privacy
Chorlton Community Cooperative is a voluntary, non-profit currently being incorporated. The cooperative is being set up by people from local groups including Chorlton Alliance, Chorlton Community Land Trust, Chorlton and District Co-ops, Let’s Reimagine Our Chorlton, Our Green Chorlton, Unity Arts, Chorlton Traders, Our Streets Chorlton, Unicorn Grocery and others. The aim is to help make Chorlton a better, kinder, greener, healthier and more prosperous place.
This site is intended to assist that aim by providing a place for news, call-outs, volunteering opportunities and local what’s-on guide.
Listings – Groups, Projects and Events
- We will list community, voluntary and other special interest groups, organisations and events free of charge as part of a community directory.
- Groups, projects and events should be based / active / take place in Chorlton (Manchester M21) or its immediate local area, accessible from Chorlton.
- Listed groups, projects and events should be aligned with cooperative values as stated at the International Cooperative Alliance (ica.coop), namely self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. In the tradition of their founders, cooperative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
- You do not need to be a member of Chorlton Community Cooperative for your group, project or event to be listed (but we’d love it if you were!).
- We reserve the right to refuse listings, but will provide a reason for doing so.
- You are responsible for the content and accuracy of your listings, so please do check they meet your requirements.
- By submitting information about a group or project, you are confirming that you are authorised to do so on behalf of that group/project.
- We list on a goodwill basis and as such, cannot be held responsible for errors, omissions or incorrect information. If you would like changes or updates, contact us and we will make them as soon as we can. (We hope to move towards a system whereby event/project owners can edit and update their own content in the future.)
- If attending an event, we always recommend that you always check with organisers before travelling. We will provide links or contact details on the website for this purpose wherever possible.
- We cannot be held responsible for cancelled, postponed events or events that otherwise aren’t as published. Likewise we cannot be held responsible for money paid for tickets, entry or other purposes.
Email and contact details
- Our event and project submission forms clearly state which details will be published. We use encryption software to protect email addresses, but cannot be held responsible for anything that happens as a result of your listing.
- We will use your non-published (if applicable) email details to contact you about your listings.
- If you sign up for our email updates, you will receive updates about Chorlton Community Coop and its members/partners. We will not pass your details onto others (other than our email service provider for the purpose of mailing) and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- You can contact us at to have your details removed from our website and records at any time and we will comply with your request.
- If you submit a listing (a group, organisation or event) on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you log into our site by visiting our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- If/when you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles and content on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you submit a listing for the site, its metadata is retained indefinitely unless you ask for its removal. This includes venue details and organiser contact details.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have submitted listings, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor listing submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service.